Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Potty problems? Inter-cat aggression? Antisocial behavior? Many people think that these are part of a cat's nature or just something they need to accept. It turns out that these and most other cat behaviors can be prevented with early socialization and training. A few techniques applied early can change the course of a kitten's life. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 107 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- understand the sensitive period of socialization -- what it is, why it's important, and how appropriate experiences during this time can help you create a friendly, interactive, and sociable cat.
- desensitize and counter-condition cats so they enjoy toenail trims, injections, and handling procedures, making treatments at home or in the hospital a breeze.
- train cats to perform simple, but essential tricks such as sit, come, and touch their nose to a target. These tricks can be used to replace unwanted behaviors.
- identify the components necessary for a successful kitten socialization program.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-842043) Course Agenda: Module 1: Kitty Kindergarten: Creating the New Improved Cat Through Early Socialization
Total Time: 97 minutes
Video: 97 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module3: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $35
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357