Course Open: April 6-30, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Wednesdays, April 13 and 20, 2022; 9:30-11:30 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 4
RACE Category: 4 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
The course emphasizes general dermatology skills for the primary care veterinarians and non-dermatologists in an interactive, case-based format with evidence-based lectures. Topics discussed include management of cases of non-pruritic alopecia and non-allergic pruritus. These cases can be challenging from a diagnostic and therapeutic perspective. "Hot Topics" 2022: What's New and Exciting in Dermatology, new information with an emphasis on practical application. Finally, Cool Cases 2022. Interesting dermatology cases from the VIN files and as seen by dermatologists. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- identify and diagnose cases of non-pruritic alopecia in the dog and cat.
- discuss possible treatments for non-pruritic alopecia.
- discuss the hair cycle.
- briefly discuss the anatomy of the follicular structure in dogs and cats.
- discuss briefly the pathophysiology of pruritus.
- list which diseases may cause pruritus besides atopy and food allergy.
- discuss possible treatments for diseases causing non-allergic pruritus.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 4 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-896881) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session April 13, 2022): Management of Cases of Non-pruritic Alopecia and Non-allergic Pruritus
Week 2 (Real Time Session April 20, 2022): Hot Topics and Cool Cases
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $92 ($83 early bird special if enrolled by March 23, 2022)
Non-Member $169 ($152 early bird special if enrolled by March 23, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on April 13, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357