Course Open: July 13, 2021-June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 2.5
RACE Category: 2.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This course will cover the discovery and history of the first radiographs, basic radiology concepts, radiology safety and physics as well as evaluation of different x-ray systems used in veterinary medicine. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 157 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- discuss the discovery and history of the first radiographs.
- identify sources of radiation exposure and how protection gear and protocols can protect those working with imaging equipment.
- understand radiation physics in relation to x-ray machine basics.
- identify multiple x-ray system types and evaluate their plus and minuses.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 2.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-845653) Course Agenda: Module 1: Introduction to Radiology
Total Time: 29 minutes
Video: 29 minutes
Learn about the discovery and history of the first radiographs. Module 2: Radiology Safety
Total Time: 47 minutes
Video: 47 minutes
Covers radiation sources and exposure, and the protective equipment and protocols used to limit their effects. Module 3: Radiation Physics
Total Time: 45 minutes
Video: 45 minutes
Learn about radiation physics in relation to x-ray machines and how digital systems can be utilized. Module 4: Evaluation of X-ray Systems
Total Time: 26 minutes
Video: 26 minutes
Covers the different x-ray systems including digital, PACs and DICOMs. Module 5: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 6: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN Member $58
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357