Course Open: March 1-18, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Tuesday, March 8, 2022; 9:00-11:00 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Mechanical ventilation is a life-saving intervention aimed at rescuing patients with respiratory failure. When used appropriately, it sustains life while the underlying disease is being managed. It is an advanced procedure that requires and intensive care unit environment and a dedicated team. Survival is heavily dependent on attention to details. Proper machine and patient management are key to successful outcomes. It is important to understand respiratory and cardiovascular physiology to achieve the full potential of this therapy. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- review the veterinary literature describing the use of mechanical ventilation.
- discuss indication for mechanical ventilation.
- describe important machine settings.
- present an overview of patient management.
- illustrate common complications and troubleshooting solutions.
Accreditation: This course is approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-894779) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session March 8, 2022): Mechanical Ventilation
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: Member $46 ($41 early bird special if enrolled by February 15, 2022)
Non-Member $110 ($99 early bird special if enrolled by February 15, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on March 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357