Course Open: July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1
RACE Category: 1 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Hyperglycemia is a very common condition in camelids so it is beneficial for veterinarians to recognize the common causes and determine if treatment/interventions are needed. A variety of hyperglycemia situations will be discussed and treatment options provided for each that can be implemented in both farm and clinical settings. The course is asynchronous so if you have questions, you can post them in the VIN Ruminants message board folder for Dr. Byers and others to respond. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 79 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- Discuss the glycemic disorders seen in camelids
- Explain the clinical signs and diagnostic tests
- Compare and explain the various insulin products
- Develop a treatment plan
- Determine if on farm or clinic case management is needed
RACE Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 22-43951) Course Agenda: Module 1: Hyperglycemic Camelids
Total Time: 69 minutes
Video: 69 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 3: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $23
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357