Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 7
RACE Category: 7 hours Non-Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
This is the heavy weight module where you will see results! We take the information learned in Modules 1 & 2 and apply it using new advanced Financial Tools to directly improve the profitability of your practice. This is where the rubber hits the road. All the accounting information you went through in Modules 1 and 2 is necessary to understand the Advanced Financial Tools supplied in this module. At the end of this course, you can turn your attention to your practice and put the tools to work. Then sit back and watch your practice profits grow. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 423 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by December 31, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- read and assess their own financial statements.
- use the supplied Financial Guidelines to analyze their own practice.
- based on findings, make business decisions to improve their practice profitability.
- understand the “Golden Revenues” of their practice.
- understand and use the Advance Financial Calculators supplied.
- understand the basic 6 strategies for increasing profits.
- understand the top two ways of improving practice profitability.
- explain what business strategies work for veterinary hospitals.
- explain what business strategies are detrimental to veterinary hospital profits.
- understand the best strategy for loan reduction.
- understand to total costs of debt.
- use the Loan Amortization calculator to determine most cost effect way for YOU to reduce your debt service.
- understand Breakeven analysis and how to use it to make better business decisions.
- exam the detrimental effects of discounting.
- understand Economic Order Quantity and Reorder point and how to use them to control your inventory.
- understand the importance of Inventory Turns.
This course will build upon what was learned in Modules 1 and 2. We will learn more tools and structure these tools so we can make better management and financial decisions and thus more profitable decisions for the practice.
Practice CEnts Module 1 and Practice CEnts Module 2 are prerequisites for this course.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 7 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-769271)
This course is approved by VHMA for CVPM credit. (VHMA 21-08) Course Agenda: Module 1: Introduction to Module 3
Total Time: 8 minutes
Video: 8 minutes
Module 2: Business Sleuths
Total Time: 113 minutes
Video: 88 minutes
Activities: 25 minutes
Module 3: Profit Engines
Total Time: 69 minutes
Video: 69 minutes
Module 4: Six Ways to Improve Practice Profits
Total Time: 46 minutes
Video: 46 minutes
Module 5: Dos and Don'ts
Total Time: 63 minutes
Video: 43 minutes
Activities: 20 minutes
Module 6: Loans Revisited
Total Time: 27 minutes
Video: 27 minutes
Module 7: Advanced Financial Toolkit
Total Time: 57 minutes
Video: 57 minutes
Module 8: End of Course Test
Total Time: 40 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. Module 9: Course Evaluation
To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive self-study CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements.
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $161
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357