Course Open: January 3, 2022 - December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1
RACE Category: 1 hours Medical
Often described as the surgeon’s primary assistant, veterinary surgical scrub technician (VSST) play an important role as part of the surgical team. Notable features of a great scrub tech include familiarity with the surgical procedure, surgeon’s preferences and needs, as well as the ability to anticipate, even when things go wrong. VSSTs can augment the veterinarian’s recommendations to the client surrounding their pet’s surgical procedure as well as assist with client education during all phases of care (pre-, intra- and post-operative.)
- Identify the types of organisms capable of causing disease and infection.
- Identify the purpose of a surgical checklist.
- Describe duties and responsibilities of a veterinary surgical scrub technician.
- Define positive attributes of an ideal veterinary surgical scrub technician.
VSPN CE Course: Open to veterinary technicians/technologists and support staff.
“This program has been approved for 1 hour of non-interactive continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval."(22-42596)
Segment 1: The Veterinary Scrub Technician
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on December 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached.*For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357