Course Open: April 28-May 15, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Thursday, May 5, 2022; 8:00-9:30pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
Enrollment is closed.
The pressures facing anesthetists today are great; the anesthetist must fully understand physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, anesthesia equipment, and monitoring devices as well as recognize their limitations. Although the goal is to assure a successful surgical or procedural outcome while ensuring the patient receives the finest possible anesthetic care, mistakes can and do happen. During this 90 minute session, discover the most common causes of anesthesia-related errors as well as some insight on how to prevent them.
- Enhance awareness of the most common sources of anesthesia mistakes.
- Identify characteristics of a great anesthetist.
- Develop ways to avoid or minimize anesthetic related errors.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. (20-907207)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session May 5): Anesthesia Mistakes Awareness
This session will focus on ways to have a successful procedural outcome, while the patient receives the safest possible anesthetic care. This discussion will also cover anesthesia-related errors and develop ways to prevent them.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: $33 ($30 early bird special if enrolled by April 14, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357