Course Open: May 19-June 5, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS):Thursday, May 26, 2022; 8:00-9:30pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
Enrollment is closed.
This presentation provides all the necessary information for technicians to become proficient using arterial catheters. Discussion includes step-by-step instructions on how to place, maintain, and use arterial catheters for blood gas draws and direct blood pressure monitoring, as well as precautions and potential complications associated with their use.
- Explain steps on how to place an arterial catheter.
- Identify types of direct blood pressure monitoring waveforms.
- Describe how to use arterial catheters for blood gas sampling.
- Describe how to use arterial catheters for direct blood pressure monitoring.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.(20-907215.)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session May 26): The Fine Art of Arterial Lines
This session will discuss the steps on how and where to place arterial catheters, maintain catheters, monitor catheters, and potential complications. The discussion will also include how to utilize, perform blood gasses, blood pressures, and blood pressure monitoring, as well as drawbacks associated with arterial cannulation.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: $33 ($30 early bird special if enrolled by May 5, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357