Current Professional Activities
- Semi-retired, but still treating ornamental fish in general practice
- Zoo inspector (public aquaria) for the Secretary of State (UK)
- Veterinary advisor to the Ornamental Aquatic Trade Association (OATA)
Past Professional Activities
- Private Practice 1977–2018 (London)
- Co-owner of the Midland Veterinary Surgery, London 2001–2018
- Editor and contributor to BSAVA Manual of Ornamental Fish (2nd ed), 2001
- Married to Julia, my former head veterinary nurse
- Daughter, Amy who graduates as a vet in 2019
- Son, Max who is training in accounting and business
- Leo, our diabetic cat, who is still hanging in there
- Playing tennis and skiing when my body permits, cooking, gardening, medical photography and riding a motor bike in all weathers.
"One man’s fish is another man’s poisson." —Unknown
What I Like Most About VIN
Colleagues sharing knowledge and experience, to help others help themselves.