Current Professional Activities
- Radiologist – VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center, Fishers, IN
- Private Consulting Practice
Past Professional Activities
- Staff radiologist, Antech Imaging Services, 2012-2016
- Faculty member at Purdue University, 2001-2012
- Faculty member at New Bolton Center, University of Pennsylvania, 1998-2001
- Married since 1989 to Dr. Nickie Baird, large animal surgeon on faculty at Purdue University
- Taylor, oldest daughter, played college volleyball, graduated from Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine and is currently a rotating small animal intern at Colorado State University. She is leaning toward pursuing a residency in small animal internal medicine or diagnostic imaging.
- Tanner, son, was on the livestock judging teams and graduated from Casper College and Texas A&M University. He is a third year law student at the University of Texas. Tanner is also a general falconer.
- Kaycee, youngest daughter, is a sophomore at Purdue University. She is in the honors college double majoring in biomedical engineering and linguistics. Kaycee is leaning toward medical school after graduation.
- Watching lots of kid activities (volleyball, softball, rabbit shows)
- Raising rabbits
- Volunteering at the library
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- “It isn’t about what you do, but how you do it” – John Wooden
What I Like Most About VIN
The community atmosphere and learning from other specialists and veterinarians; I also enjoy helping practicing veterinarians with difficult cases and assisting in the interpretation of imaging studies.