Current Professional Activities
- Owner and Veterinarian — Home to Heaven, PC. Loveland, Colorado - Home pet hospice, euthanasia services, and water-based cremation service. www.hometoheaven.com
- Guest lecturer Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine — topics of Animal Hospice, End-of-life and Palliative care as well as herbal medicine.
- Author of two books on euthanasia and co-author of animal hospice book
- Panel member for 2013 AVMA Euthanasia Guidelines and contributor to 2016 AAHA Animal Hospice Guidelines
- Co-author of the 2013 IAAHPC Animal Hospice Guidelines
- Task Force member of the IAAHPC Animal Hospice Certification Program
- 2015 President and Board member — International Association of Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (IAAHPC)
- Owner and operator of a water-based cremation unit
- 3, Michael, Shannon, Jenna
- 3 dogs, Eleanor (lab), Daisy (terrier), Cricket (Chihuahua)
- Horseback riding, travel, sewing, club activities with the kids
"Bloom Where You Are Planted" — Saint Francis de Sales
What I Like Most About VIN
The ability to share practical ideas with other practitioners in a collaborative environment.